Monday, February 20, 2012

Heart U Event at my High School!

If you know me personally, you know that the American Heart Association (AHA) is a cause that is very close to my heart. That is why my platform, 'Heart U: Raising Awareness of Living a Healthy Life Style' works very closely with Long Island's chapter of the AHA. I was able to hold an event at my high school that incorporated both theJunior Varsity and VarsityGirls' basket ball teams, because bothteams happened toe playing on National Go Red for Women Day (February 3). The AHA provided some amazing red shirts for the teams to wear! At half time I spoke to the crowds about my platform, and volunteers took to the stands to collect donations. We also sold snacks, redbracelets, and red dress pins! In total, over $200 dollars was collected, and all of it was given to the AHA for the Go Red for Women cause.A special thanks goes out to the JV and Varsity Girls' basket ball teams and their coaches for agreeing to wear the red shirts and help out at the event, Terri Zenobio from the American Heart Association for helping to make the event a reality, the volunteers, and everyone who attended the event!

XOXO,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment