Saturday, April 28, 2012

My Trip to Spain

   Over Spring Break, I traveled to Spain with my Spanish class for an exchange program! I was given the chance to immerse myself into the history and culture of Spain, while staying with a host family. I was able to attend my host partner, Maria's, music school for a week (can you believe that she goes to a school that used to be a royal palace?) in El Escorial. I  was so excited to be practicing my Spanish-speaking skills while making so many new friends along the way! Here are some pictures from my trip:


My tour group and I at the stadium where the Barcelona futbol (soccer) team plays! The team's motto is "Mes Que un Club" which means, "More than a Club"!

We visited so many parks and outdoor museums! I couldn't resist taking a picture in front of this beautiful fountain!

Hey guys! I'm standing in front of the Mediterranean Sea! Cool, huh?

In Madrid, which happens to be an hour away from El Escorial, we visited the Plaza Mayor. This huge plaza is home to many shops and cafes. We even bought some DELISH gelato in the plaza!

While in Madrid, we also visited the Palacio Real, also known as the Royal Palace in English. We weren't allowed to take pictures inside the palace, but I was able to take a picture in front of it! It was so huge that we couldn't fit all of it in the picture!

During our first day with our host families, all of the students involved in the exchange attended a picnic. We climbed to the top of a tall mountain and were able to see an incredible view of El Escorial! Maria, whose family graciously let me stay in their house for a week, took a picture with me! She was beyond sweet and helpful during the week, and her family was too!

One of the last pictures I took from my trip was one of my new friends and I! All of these girls are involved in the Spain exchange (meaning they get to stay with us New Yorkers for a week in September)! Eva is on the far right, followed by Carolina, Maria, and then me! I will miss these girls SO much!

   A big thank you goes out to my Spanish teacher, Sr. Riley, and Lola Perez for planning this trip and making sure everything ran smoothly! Also a huge thanks to Maria and her family for letting me stay with them for a week. As they say in Spain, Maria, "Hasta Septiembre!" which means, "See you in September!"

XOXO,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment