Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Inspirational Bike Riders at the Hamptons Heart Ride

   On Saturday, May 19, I was lucky enough to be able to volunteer at a water stop for the annual Hamptons Heart Ride! My fellow water stop volunteers and I gave out sandwiches, snacks, and drinks to the riders. It was my second year volunteering at the Heart Ride, and I can't tell you how inspirational the whole experience was. Each of the riders had to bike a minimum of 60 miles! Can you believe that?! And if that isn't enough, some participants chose to ride over 100 miles on their bikes. After meeting the inspirational riders that day, I decided to set a new goal for myself. I am going to find the time to ride my bike as much as possible, and ride in a, much less intense, bike ride before this time next year. I'm going to try my hardest to make my goal a reality! Here are some pictures I took at the water stop:





The other volunteers and I!







   A big shout out goes to the Hamptons Heart Ride staff, the volunteers, and the riders, who inspired me so much through their hard work and dedication!

XOXO,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment