Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Cedarhurst-Lawrence Memorial Day Parade

   On May 27, I was honored to participate in the annual Cedarhurst-Lawrence Memorial Day Parade! What an exciting event! I was able to meet so many nice people, especially the mayor of Cedarhurst, Andrew Parise. After speaking with Mr. Parise, I learned that his family lived in Hampton Bays, which is very close to my neighborhood! I had a wonderful time during the parade, and I enjoyed the ceremony that happened after the parade. Here are some pictures from the parade and festivities!

On the Leonardo DaVinci Lodge float!

With my friend, and fellow contestant, Marisa, at the parade. She rode with me on the float!

With Mr. Parise, the mayor of Cedarhurst.

Waving during the parade!

Taking pictures after the post-parade ceremony.

   I had only been in Cedarhurst for a few hours, but it was easy to see everyone's spirit. Everyone came together and unified to celebrate those who died to for our freedom, and that was a beautiful thing to see.
   A big shout out goes to Mr. Berkins for inviting me to participate in the parade. I would also like to thank the mayor of Cedarhurst, and everyone who put the parade together. It was truly a wonderful event that I hope I can be apart of again someday.

XOXO,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment