Sunday, May 12, 2013

New York Pops Birthday Gala at Carnegie Hall

   Wow! I can't believe it is already May! It seems like its only been a few days since I've posted! Time sure does fly when you are having fun and keeping busy like me!
   In January, I auditioned to sing at Carnegie Hall with Camp Broadway as a part of the New York Pops Birthday Spring Gala. I had performed at the Gala with Camp Broadway in 2012, and had such a fun time that I decided to audition again (read my post about last year's performance here). After a few months of eagerly waiting, I found out that I, along with 64 other kids from around the country, had been chosen to perform again at Carnegie Hall!
   Rehearsals kicked off on April 27 in New York City. I was thrilled to see some familiar faces at the rehearsal as well! Many of my friends from performing at the Gala last year had come back to sing again, as well as my friend from the plays Drop Dead Juliet and Everything I Needed to Know I Learned by Being in a Bad Play that we had performed in a few months before (such a small world!). I also met a lot of new friends at rehearsals as well!
   As part of the program, I was able to meet some really cool Broadway stars from the show The Phantom of the Opera (one of my absolute favorite shows), and participate in special acting and musical theater workshops with them!
   Before we knew it, the day had come for us to perform a "Gypsy Medley" on the Carnegie Hall stage! The performance went really well, and we all had a lot of fun performing for so many people. Did I mention that some of us bumped into Megan Hilty from SMASH backstage?! She is so beautiful and sweet in person! Here are some pictures of me and my new and old friends!











This picture is extra special to me. This is my friend Jessica and I- Jessica was my first friend EVER at Camp Broadway last year. She's one of the greatest friends a girl could ask for!

   As always, there are always so many people to thank! First, thank you to my mom who took me to the city every morning for rehearsals! Next, thank you to all of the wonderful staff at Camp Broadway who made sure we were prepared to perform at Carnegie Hall! Lastly, thank you to the New York Pops and the awesome crew and staff at Carnegie Hall who worked so hard to put a great production and concert together!

XOXO,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment