Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Long Island Heart Ride Water Stop

   Hello, everyone! For the past 3 years, I have volunteered to help at the annual Long Island Heart Ride by distributing water, snacks, and other items that the bikers might need during their ride at a Water Stop. This year, I was happy to manage the first of three water stops on the bike route. I met so many wonderful people who were riding in the Heart Ride, all of which were either biking 100 miles or 50 miles. I was so inspired by the riders and their passion for staying active and raising awareness with the American Heart Association. Here are some pictures from the Water Stop!

With some of the riders as they were passing through the Water Stop!

The riders were so upbeat after finishing their 20th mile!

Me at the Water Stop!


   I am so glad I was able to be apart of the Long Island Heart Ride for a third year. The Heart Ride is one of my favorite volunteer opportunities, and I look forward to it each year. Thank you to the Heart Ride staff for allowing me to come back and volunteer, and for allowing the event to run smoothly!

XOXO,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment